Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!

Numero OCHO! Ashley and I got to talking about how fast time goes by, 8 years already, wow. Last night we went to the Union Grill and to see Indiana Jones. Not a fabulous date for an anniversary I know, but considering that we rarely go out, it was nice just to be together. I keep telling myself that when she's out of school, we'll have more time, but I'm sure there will always be something.


After dinner and a movie, we went home and watched our wedding video. It's special, but looking back now it's pretty funny. I can't believe how young I looked then. I still had a bit of a German accent too. During the video, Ashley asked me if I still loved her as much as I did then. The answer is NO. During the last 8 years so much has happened and so much has changed that the only answer to that question could be no, I love her more. She's such a great girl, she's given me two wonderful kids, been a fantastic Mother to them, at the same time being a fantastic wife to me, stood by me through all of my phases and hobbies (although the cooking hobby is a perk to her) Puts up with all my crazy ideas and all the motorcycle stuff and is the single busiest person I know. Between School work and taking care of the house and the kids, Ashley does a lot. I try to help out around the house, but to be honest, Ashley does most of it. And she still finds time to play with the kids, take them to Lagoon or the park. She's a great wife and a great Mom.

If I had the chance to go back and do things over there are a few things I'd change, but Ashley isn't one of em.


I tried to get some pictures throughout the night, but nothing that turned out great. Thanks Amelia and Jake for watching the kids so we could go out.

I tried to get Ashley to pose for me, but this was the best I could do

3 comments:

Jake said...

Happy Anniversary you two.

Wendy Pippin said...

yes happy anniversary. Joel...very sweet. and thanks for keeping blogging alive in your house. I enjoy reading it. And I think Ashley is pretty great too!!

Unknown said...

Awwwww, how sweet! I think u guys are going to enjoy lots of anniversaries to come!

Love Kevin